(Jazmyne and I on the drive down)Last week I made a semi-whirlwind trip down to Nashville, TN with the chief purpose of visiting Vanderbilt Divinity school. I rode down there with one of my good friends, Jazmyne, and met up with a couple of my other good friends in the city (Tyler and Brock). On Thursday I visited Vanderbilt
Divinity, which basically meant that I sat in on a class (Constructive Theology II) next to a friend/middle school ex of Kassie's and Lindsey's. I love how small the world really is. The class was interesting and quite thought provoking, but it was pretty dense. I was glad I didn't have to take notes and that it's not required for MTS students. After the class, I "toured" the divinity library. Toured is put in quotations because that's being generous to call it a tour. The library is, for the most part, in the basement of the giant Vanderbilt Library. They have a pretty impressive collection of Judaica though, which I'm excited about. Vandy also has a program on Jewish studies that will give me a certificate in it. I'm definitely pumped about that! I sat around and chatted with some students while I waited for Brock to get out of class so we could get lunch together. Everyone there was so nice. It just felt so right when I was there. Plus it helps that I have a good friend going to school there too. So....I am FOR SURE going to Vanderbilt Divinity in the fall. I send in my letter of acceptance and deposit next week, and I will MOVE down to NASHVILLE the second weekend (most likely) of August. Crazy, but awesome!Another exciting update is that I *finally* got a job. I start on Tuesday at The Grotto. It's on Kimbrough and Battlefield in the Battlefield Marketplace. They serve up delicious food. I've been looking for a job for more or less eight or so months, so this is definitely a relief. Plus, I could really use the money. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time (but more nervous....).
I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind
(Boston by Augustana)
4 comments:
I'm so happy for you! I really think that this will be a great experience, and that getting out of the small town will be good for you! I'll definitely miss you, though!
<3
Hooray for you going to Vandy! Now I'll have three friends there so I'll definitely need to make a visit soon!
And for the record, he's an ex-boyfriend of Lindsey's too. :-)
YAY YAY YAY!!!! i am soooo happy for you! miss you babe!
Such great news! Oh it must feel great to have that decision all squared away! I'm very happy for you!
And *bahahahahaha!* my 7th grade boyfriend! We held hands through 3 freaking hours of Titanic....good times!
I apparently am very excitable tonight! Lots of exclamation points!!!.
Post a Comment