For so long I've been searching,
Looking for the right dance partner,
One whose movements I can always predict,
Whose body moves rhythmically with mine,
Who twirls me around until I'm dizzy,
Who catches me when I dip low,
And who lifts me high above.
I long for the intimacy,
The passion,
The support and security,
And the comfort which accompanies perfect chemistry.
I've tried out a partner, or ten.
We danced a few dances: the tango, a waltz.
But every partner dropped me from a lift,
Or twirled me around and around, never steadying my balance.
We got out of step, lost our rhythm.
Frantically I looked for a new partner each time
Meanwhile I failed to notice how rigid my own movements became
Or how my feet began struggling to find the beat
I looked in the mirror while dancing with my last partner and
saw a girl who needed some practice
Alone--just her and the mirror
I finally found freedom and joy when I was
Dancing,
Dancing alone,
Dancing in my blood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like this. A lot.
Post a Comment